httpd-users mailing list archives

From Grant <emailgr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Stripping white space from HTML
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2007 19:21:55 GMT
> You mean mod_deflate.  mod_gzip is obsolete.

Ok, mod_deflate.

> >         Right now
> > all I want to do is eliminate all white space from my delivered HTML.
>
> mod_line_edit might be a better bet, perhaps with a LERewriteRule to
> collapse any whitespace of more than one byte to a single space.

I want to make sure I'm not mis-using the term "whitespace".  What I
mean is I want to eliminate all completely blank lines from my
delivered HTML.  Would you use mod_line_edit for that?

Also, my system delivers HTML in a dynamic way like this:

<Location />
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlResponseHandler Interchange::Link
        PerlOptions +GlobalRequest
        PerlSetVar InterchangeServer /path/to/socket
</Location>

Should I be able to use something like mod_line_edit in conjunction?

- Grant