httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Wm.A.Stafford" <staff...@marine.rutgers.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Calculating maximum throughput for an Apache based system
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 13:43:35 GMT
I have been asked to come up with a figure for the number of users per
unit time our
Apache-based site can support and to indicate the resource; memory, disk
space etc,  that
would be maxed out when this number of users was reached.

There are so many assumptions that would have to be made, such as
average time
per request,  average memory usage per request that I don't think such a
measure
would be very realistic.  Nevertheless, I have to come up with something.

Are there any existing statistics or algorithms that deal with this sort
of thing?

I apologize in advance for this desperate fishing expedition.

-=bill