httpd-users mailing list archives

From Shane Arnold <clontar...@iinet.net.au>
Subject [users@httpd] Vista Ultimate - 403 Forbidden by Options directive
Date Sun, 18 Mar 2007 15:57:34 GMT
Hi Guys,

Just experimenting with Vista + Apache 2.2 (works fine in debian, oh the
irony)

Anyway, httpd is fine, virtualhosts is fine, I just seem to be stuck
with some random problem regarding permissions. I can list the "It
Works!" file using the default apache configuration. Great!

A sample of my virtualhosts entries is below;

<VirtualHost *:80>
<Directory /www/docs/ftp>
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order deny,allow
    Allow from all
</Directory>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@ftp.clonnyserver.com
    DocumentRoot /www/docs/ftp
    ServerName ftp.clonnyserver.com
    ServerAlias ftp.clonnyserver.com
    ErrorLog logs/ftp.clonnyserver.com-error_log
    CustomLog logs/ftp.clonnyserver.com-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

Have I done this right? Error logs show the following;

[Sun Mar 18 23:53:15 2007] [error] [client 203.59.68.203] Directory
index forbidden by Options directive: C:/www/docs/ftp/

Every single Options directive I could find is set to order allow,deny -
allow all. As you can see I have set the relevant <Directory> directive
for the virtualhost too (the path is correct and contains a basic txt
document)

Is Vista doing something stupid with itspermissions?

Any ideas? Need any more info just ask :)

 - Shane Arnold