httpd-users mailing list archives

From rihad <ri...@mail.ru>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_rewrite: time of last modification?
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 10:09:44 GMT
Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to use the file's modification
time (mtime) as a rewrite condition? For example, this is a howto
snippet presented at
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/rewrite/rewrite_guide_advanced.html>:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME}   !-s
RewriteRule ^page\.html$          page.cgi   [T=application/x-httpd-cgi,L]

Here a request to page.html leads to a internal run of a corresponding
page.cgi if page.html is still missing or has filesize null.

I'm no Unix guru, but is it true that stat() has already been done on
page.cgi to determine its size with -s? Then I'm guessing it would be
pretty trivial to use or implement the mtime along the same lines (like
"if file on disk is older than 30 minutes, then make this a CGI request
transparently"). This would be plain awesome!

Thanks in advance.