httpd-users mailing list archives

From matt farey <matt.fa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache on Windows
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 02:45:01 GMT

Vince Bravdica wrote:
> Randall Fox wrote:
>>
>> Hello, I am wondering if any of you use Apache on Windows, and if so
>> what your experience has been like so far.
>>

>> Thanks, RL. Fox.
>>

>> *_Internet E-mail Disclaimer_ *
>> This message contains confidential information and is intended only
>> for the individual(s) named. If you are not the named addressee you
>> should not disseminate, distribute or copy this E-mail. Please notify
>> the sender immediately by E-mail if you have received this E-mail by
>> mistake and delete this E-mail from your system. E-mail transmission
>> cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could
>> be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or
>> incomplete, or contain viruses. The recipient should check this
>> E-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The sender
>> and Helzberg Diamond Shops, Inc. therefore does not accept liability
>> for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which
>> arise as a result of E-mail transmission. Views of this E-mail and of
>> Helzberg Diamond Shops, Inc. employees do not necessarily reflect the
>> views of Helzberg Diamond Shops, Inc. If verification is required
>> please request a hard-copy version.
>>
>> Helzberg Diamond Shops, Inc. - 1825 Swift Ave. - N. Kansas City, MO -
>> USA - _www.helzberg.com_

> The only issue I experience is that I cannot get MySQL to run on it.
> PHP works great, and it makes fro a fantastic developmental piece of
> hardware. Just wish I could get MySql to run with Apache/PHP.

I should say then that MySql does indeed run on windows xp and it's been
doing so here for 5 years without a hitch, it has millions of postcodes
and hundreds of databases inside, and Ive been upgrading for years
without any trouble.
Bascially XP (PRO) is a fine and stable way to run a simple WAMP setup,
there are no issues worth mentioning, but of course if you want extra
tweakability hardness and reliability go for linux!

--
Matthew Farey