httpd-users mailing list archives

From matt farey <matt.fa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Render an image for a 404 on images
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 19:26:13 GMT
why not have a rewrite that says if the request is an image, and is not
present, then redirect to the 404 images, you can capture the type of
extension in the rewrite and direct to the appropriate pre-rendered image.

philguillard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to render a specific 404.gif file when the requested
> gif/png/jpg image is not found on the file system while other
> documents are still redirected to a 404.html document with
> "ErrorDocument 504 /404.html" directive.
>
> Is there a way to do that in http.conf? I can do it within my
> application  (i use tomcat) but i think it is bad idea for performance
> reasons.
>
> Regards,
>
> Phil

Matthew Farey
Web App Sec.
25 The Polygon, Southampton, Hants, SO15 2BP, UK
Phone +44(0)2380 631449