httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bruce Hyatt"<bjhy...@myway.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] httpd.conf question - virtual server- firewall port forwarding
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 13:40:43 GMT

David,

I'm far from an expert on Apache web server but I think you can't do what you're trying to
do.

If your server is on a private network behind a router (which it must be) the rest of the
world will not see the 192.168.x.x IP #s, only the IP # of the router.

I think you will have to use name-based virtual hosts.

Bruce

 --- On Wed 03/28, Vizion < vizion@vizion.occoxmail.com > wrote:
From: Vizion [mailto: vizion@vizion.occoxmail.com]
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 10:06:53 -0700
Subject: [users@httpd] httpd.conf question - virtual server- firewall port forwarding

I am setting up an apache2.2 server on freebsd with a number of virtual hosts.

The server is behind a firewall which has the IP address to which each virtual host is pointed
by DNS with port 80 forwarding to the server. The server is on a private network (192.168.0.0)
behind the firewall.

I have never used this arrangement before and cannot get the virtual servers functioning properly.

httpd.conf includes the lines:
Include etc/apache22/Includes/*.conf
the virtual servers have entries in the form of:

<Virtual host 192.168.x.x>
DocumentRoot /absolute/path/to/root
Servername   www.mydomain.tld
AcceptPathInfo
</VirtualHost>

<Directory /absolute/path/to/root>
order allow, deny
allow from all
</Directory>

Can anyone point me to a resource that can maybe help me identify what I am doing wrong. I
have not had to use this arangement before.. so I am doubtless making a silly mistake somewhere.
\
Thanks in advance
david

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.