httpd-users mailing list archives

From <>
Subject [users@httpd] Redirecting to a different physical server
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 18:59:06 GMT
Hi All,

I am currently running Apache 2.0.52 on a CentOS Linux 4.4 system and am looking for some

I have a single static IP address and two web sites/domains. I have a very basic gateway/firewall
device configured to forward port 80 to the system hosting the web server, and I currently
use Apache's virtual hosting to handle the two different domains and this all works perfectly.

I would like, however, to do run the web sites off different physical servers rather than
have them both hosted on the same server machines. Essentially I am looking for some way of
directing any requests for one of the two domains to a different physical server.

I have not seen any way to do this with Apache so was wondering if such a mechanism exists,
or if anyone has any suggestions on how to do this.

See <URL:> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
   "   from the digest:
For additional commands, e-mail: