httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] reverseproxy+rewriterules
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 09:43:47 GMT
On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 09:21:11 +0100 (CET)
Susan Roesner RZ <sroe0999@rz.uni-hildesheim.de> wrote:

> Problem: folder1 has a login page which uses https but the rest of
> the pages within folder1 are http.  So if the user clicks on some
> pages which are servered via http everything works fine but as soon
> as he clicks on the login page of folder1 then he is redirected to a
> https site and at this point the page is not pointed back to my proxy
> server. Instead it is pointed to the internal server which is not
> accessible from the internet so the user wont see anything.

When I see this question, it's seldom clear where the problem lies.
mod_proxy deals with rewriting headers in a proxy.  mod_proxy_html
does the same for HTML document bodies.  And from 2.2.4 you can also
use mod_headers on either the proxy or the backend.  So if your problem
isn't answered in the usual tutorial (which I posted twice yesterday in
response to other people), you may want to look at
http://bahumbug.wordpress.com/2006/10/16/interesting-new-apache-features/

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/