httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dragon <dra...@crimson-dragon.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] FastCGI problem
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 23:00:33 GMT
Mark Lavi wrote:
>Caveat: I have no direct experience with Ruby, Plesk, or FastCGI.
>
>I do think that by verifying that your example RoR app works via Apache
>and then observing that the other database RoR app does not, you've
>isolated the problem to the latter application!
>
>"Premature end of script headers" is what I've seen whenever a PERL CGI
>crashes or generates an error condition that doesn't let it output
>anything (such as a syntax error). At that point, I try running the CGI
>directly from the command line to partially simulate what Apache tries
>to execute, e.g.: perl whateverproblem.cgi -- but this is not always
>identical to what Apache encounters, it's just another step for
>troubleshooting. I have no idea if you could do the same for Ruby and
>your app.
>
>Hope this helps,

Actually no, you appear to have misread what I said in my original
post. The application works with the web server bundled with Ruby
which is simply for testing and not intended for production.

It does not work with Apache. Nothing using either FastCGI or regular
CGI works. Period.

Everything, including scripts that run fine on other servers, simply
fail. Everything fails with the Premature end of script headers errors.

Dragon