httpd-users mailing list archives

From Asim Munawar <asimm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem in using Apache
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:20:06 GMT
I am using Fedora Core 6 on Pentium Mobile laptop...
My Apache version is

[root@ecgrid ~]# apachectl -v
Server version: Apache/2.2.3
Server built:   Sep 11 2006 09:43:18

I added the line
Listen MY_STATIC_INTERNET_IP:80      to http.conf but its giving the same problem...

      please suggest something elase....

 thanks
Asim

Krist van Besien <krist.vanbesien@gmail.com> wrote: On 3/12/07, Asim Munawar  wrote:
> Dear All
>        I am new to apache... I have actually installed apache, php and
> postgres to run a wiki web page. my web server have two network cards. one
> is connected to the internet with static IP and the other is connected to
> the LAN. now the apache homepage is only visible from the LAN while it gives
> error when you access it from the internet. I turned off all the firewalls
> but the same problem. Please note that i am able to ssh or telnet to the web
> server over the internet but the apache page and my wiki gives error on the
> internet..
>
>      I think that somehow the Ethernet card on LAN is being treated like the
> default network by apache... how to change these settings... please help

By default Apache will listen to all interfaces. So you might have
another problem.

First tellm us a bit more about your setup: What OS are your running
Apache on, what version of apache are you using?

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
Bremgarten b. Bern, Switzerland