httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject [users@httpd] rewrite safety? is it possible to DoS apache with mod_rewrite?
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2007 21:16:20 GMT
Hello,

I'm a bit concerned about mod_rewrite safety on servers with many users.
I see there is a MaxRedirects option which defaults to 10, but afaik users may
override this. Also, there is the [N] flag to RewriteRule which
documentation says:

<CITE> Use this flag to restart the rewriting process, i.e., to immediately
go to the top of the loop.
<B>But be careful not to create an infinite loop!</B>
</CITE>

I would like to ask, does the MaxRedirects apply in case of using this flag?

Thanks for commenting. I'm using apache-1.3.
We are but packets in the Internet of life (userfriendly.org)