httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dave Fangmeier" <dave.fangme...@coredgenetworks.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Starting exe files from cgi scripts
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 17:51:28 GMT
Hi

My Apache http server is running on Windows.
I'm able to get cgi/Perl scripts to run.

I'm trying to run an application like notepad from my html form.  I have a
button that calls a script but the notepad application only runs in the
background (no window pops up like when I test in Perl).  I see it in the
Windows Task Manager/Processes Tab so I know it is running.  Below is a clip
from my form code:

<FORM ACTION="/cgi-bin/run_hotkey.pl" method="POST">
      <INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" VALUE="Run notepad Script">
</FORM>

This is a clip from my run_hotkey.pl script:

#! c:/perl/bin/perl -w
use strict;
system("notepad"); # This starts notepad in the background.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

Dave Fangmeier
dave.fangmeier@coredgenetworks.com