httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ryan Murray" <ryan.mur...@elementn.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Sticky sessions with proxy_balancer
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 12:12:07 GMT

Ryan

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Johnson [mailto:rjohnson@espgroup.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 11:11 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Sticky sessions with proxy_balancer

Ryan (The Greater),

No luck.
I have two apache virtual hosts behind the load balancer, each setting a
cookie called BIG, one to a value of app1 and the other to a value of app2.
In the debug output I see the balancer module recognizing these values, but
it continues to split the requests across both servers rather than staying
on one server. I know with a F5 BIGIP you call the cookies by a certain name
and set the values to an encoding of their ip and port.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ryan (The True Lesser)