httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jean-Philippe Battu" <jean...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Question about mod_rewrite
Date Sun, 25 Feb 2007 18:28:31 GMT
Hi Olivier and httpd users !

Sorry for my delay of replying since my last post. Thanks Olivier
for your answer ! In my configuration, I use RewriteEngine
to on when I try to setup this configuration
I tried to change the RewriteRule from (.+) to .+
and to add [P] (In this case I needed to set up proxy pass
but the result is still the same

for this configuration:
        <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
                RewriteEngine On
                RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} ^http://incoming_web_site*\.html
                RewriteRule (.+) http://thenewsite.com
                RewriteLog /usr/local/apache2052/logs/rewrite_vh9p.log
                RewriteLogLevel 9
        </IfModule>

the redirection seems to work, thenewsite.com is written in my browser but
this brower tells me to activate cookies and in the access logfile, the attempt
is repeated 20 times.
On another machine, with the same operating system (FC4) and the same web server
(apache 2052), it works fine !

Cheers

Jean-Philippe Battu

Hi,

First, I supppose that's just a cut/paste mistake, but with
RewriteEngine set to Off, not much will happen.
Second, you might want to play with [P] flag to proxy the request.
Anyway, your last rule is strange: you might try:

RewriteRule  .*  http://www.theanotherpage.com [P]

Olivier CHIROUZE
I&0 Infrastructure
Volvo Information Technology