httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to uninstall compiled apache 2.2.4
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 19:25:52 GMT
On 2/27/07, Brian McCann <Brian.McCann@viziant.net> wrote:

> I downloaded compiled and installed apache 2.2.4 on my Fedora 6 system which
> was
> already running apache httpd-2.2.3-1.i386.rpm
>
> How do I uninstall a compiled install?

You mean you want to remove the 2.2.4 that you just installed?

If you used all the default options on the install, then the following
should be all that is necessary to remove it:
rm -rf /usr/local/apache2

If you change the --prefix, --layout, or other path-related options,
you'll need to clean-up accordingly.  There is no automated process.