httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] IP-based SSL virtualhosts problem - with attachment
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 15:58:08 GMT
On 2/8/07, bruno alves teixeira <l16331@alunos.uevora.pt> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been all over the web and mailling list archives, so I know multiple
> SSL hosts on one machine is a problem for name-based virtual hosts, but
> shouldn't IP aliasing and IP-based virtual hosts solve this?
>
> I seem to be doing everything correctly but the certificate of the top
> virtual host is used for all hosts. The RedirectMatch for each IP is
> correct, but the top certificate is always used. You can check out the
> attached file, to verify the definition of the virtual hosts.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

1. Don't attach your config using base64 encoding and an incorrect
mime type.  Just copy-past it into the message.

2. You are not use name-based virtual hosts, therefore you shouldn't
use the NameVirtualHost directive.  See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/vhosts/ip-based.html

3. What RedirectMatch are you talking about?  The only RedirectMatch
in your config is inside a <Directory> section, which is not correct.

4. Your example config uses the same SSLCertificateFile for both
vhosts, which is probably the main source of your problem.

Joshua.