httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 2 questions
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 00:05:39 GMT
On 2/6/07, Geoff Hartman <geoff@fivepack.net> wrote:

> Q1: Is there any way to optimize apache for the highest number of possible
> connections?

Yes.

But how to do it is really dependent on your specific setup and needs.
 If you really only care about number of connections and not
throughput, then you just need tons of memory and a threaded mpm.  For
general advice, start with:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/misc/perf-tuning.html

Then if you need more help, try to come back with more specific questions.

> Q2: I seem to have a high number of active connections with a state of
> TIME_WAIT when I run netstat. Is that bad? or normal?

Normal.  It isn't anything to worry about unless you start getting
connections refused even though you have idle apache processes.

Joshua.