httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] unknown requests from localhost/127.0.0.1
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 20:44:09 GMT
On 2/6/07, Coach-X <coachx@pwx.net> wrote:

> Just looking at the log file it does seem like the requests happen every
> 1 to 5 seconds.  I also have not been able to duplicate the problem on
> our test server.  Same setup, but only on a private network.  Perhaps we
> cannot hit it with enough connections?
>
> I also logged user-agent:
>
> 127.0.0.1 - - [06/Feb/2007:15:24:23 -0500] "GET / HTTP/1.0" 403 325 "-"
> "Apache/2.2.4 (Unix) DAV/2 PHP/5.2.0 mod_jk/1.2.20 (internal dummy
> connection)"
>
> This yields a little more to search on, but is there any way to limit
> the number of times it tries to "ping" itself?

Why would you want to?  No harm, no foul.

But what you might be seeing is a symptom of misconfigured
process-control directives, leading apache to need to recycle
processes too frequently.

For example, make sure that there is a substantial distance between
MinSpareServers and MaxSpareServers and that MaxRequestsPerChild is
not set too low.

Joshua.