httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Defining IPs in one place
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 19:54:19 GMT
On 2/6/07, Liz Kim <lizkim270@gmail.com> wrote:

> It would be ideal to keep the protections on /A/* as they are, while
> updating the protection on /A.
> However, it seems that adding "Satisfy any" on /A is disabling the
> protections on directories under /A.
> For example, /A/B now needs to satisfy any of /A's list of IP's, /A's
> password or /A/B's password.

No, /A/B will not be affected at all by /A's password if you define a
new set of auth directives for /A/B.  The Allow/Deny/Satisfy
directive, however, will carry over unless you override them in /A/B.

> The only solution I see is to define independent protections on /A and /A/*
> For example, /A would "Satisfy any" with a list of IP's and a password.
> /A/B would "Satisfy all" with the list of the same IP's a different
> password.

You should not need to relist the Allow/Deny directives in /A/B.  The
will be inherited from /A.  Just put "Satisfy All" in /A/B along with
whatever new password you want.

Joshua.