httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Urijah Kaplan" <uri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: apache/linux newbie has Test Page that won't die
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 01:35:16 GMT
Okay, at first glance what you said was just a lot of jargon. I'm
slowly trying to translate, so please tell me if I'm on the right
track.

1) What's a "graceful" restart? Right now, I'm just pressing restart
on the simple control panel godaddy gives me. When I ssh in, what
should I type in? (I'm guessing you mean restarting Apache and not the
whole server--right? How do you do that?)

2)  Where are these VirtualHost Settings stored? I don't see them in
/etc/httpd/conf/welcome.conf I don't really need a VirtualHost (I
think), because this server will be for only one site. Is there any
downside to using a Virtual Host?

3) What does "non-matching requests (that don't contain a matching
Host: header)" mean?

4)Where is the DirectoryIndex directive? What does it do?

5)I sense a lot of reading coming up for me...
Thanks so much!

               --Urijah