httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Urijah Kaplan" <uri...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] apache/linux newbie has Test Page that won't die
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 20:11:48 GMT
Hi,

This is my first Apache setup, and I'm slightly familiar with Linux.
I'm using CentOS 4, with (I think) Apache 2.0. I think I have a very
simple problem. I set up the server (which I have remote access to),
and the Apache Test page pops up at the IP/URL I set it to. Great!
However, I can't figure out how to replace it with the website I'm
working on locally. The test page says I have to add the html files to
/var/www/html/  I did! I changed the html file there. I deleted it. I
put in a new one. Nothing changed. It says I prevent the page from
showing up by going to /etc/httpd/conf.d/welcome.conf and following
the instructions. I did! I commented it out like it says, No change. I
even deleted it. No change.I checked out the
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file--   DocumentRoot "/var/www/html" I'm
all out of ideas. I'm sure that I'm modifying the right server since I
only set up one, and it has the right name and password. Any
suggestions?