httpd-users mailing list archives

From Morten Bo Ølbye <>
Subject SV: [users@httpd] Novice
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 19:18:35 GMT
I have just installed Apace on my xp.
Can anyone gide me to where to start.
I have edited the html file, that works.
But about controlling the server, I am blank.
Br. Morten, Denmark

That is not correct either. Any OS can be classified as a server. If a
computer is "serving" content whether its a web page or Active
Directory it is a "server". So Windows XP can be a server, just not
the type of server that Windows 2003 Server can be (Active Directory,
File, Print, Sharepoint, etc etc). You can setup Windows XP to be a
HTTP server and it could power a website just as capable as Windows
2003 Server.

So remember. Server  = ANY type of OS as long as it is SERVING (get
it?) content.
Yes, Apache is cabable of running on Windows 98 as well as XP home edition.
>From my starting point the directory is as followed:
C:\Programmer\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2
C:\Programmer\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\index.html
style.css etc.
C:\Programmer\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\bin
C:\Programmer\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\httpd.conf etc.
And so on.
In fact I can access the "home-page" INDEX.HTML from http://localhost/ or
from http://my-ip-address
So can anyone too if I started the Apache software.
In fact a search machine has discovered it: (from access.log)
>> - - [02/Feb/2007:16:01:07 +0100] "GET
HTTP/1.1" 200 1436<<

What I wanted You to do, is to explain how to control it.
The httpd.conf containall the modules accessible from apache, except the
most of them are disabled.
Listen my-ip-address:80
How do I upload some text based data to a file called data.txt
Br Morten, Denmark

See <URL:> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
   "   from the digest: