httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Problem with mod_authn_dbm after upgrading from 2.0 to 2.2
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 15:54:54 GMT

one of the main changes between 2.0 and 2.2 is in area of authentication
and authorization. It has been sustantailly refactored with many changes
to module names and directive syntax. Start at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/new_features_2_2.html#module and read
carefully...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> The error message is "(70023)This function has not been implemented on
> this platform: could not open dbm (type GDBM) auth file:
> /home/httpd/notintree/password"
>
> I've checked file permissions.
> I've roughed up a file based version to check everything else
> works (and
> it does).
> The file is readable by dbmmanage.
>
> I'm stumped - anyone else any ideas?
>
> Paul

> Zetex Semiconductors - Solutions for an analog world.
>
> http://www.zetex.com
> http://www.zetex.cn
>
> E-MAILS are susceptible to interference.  You should not assume that
> the contents originated from the sender or the Zetex Group or
> that they
> have been accurately reproduced from their original form.
> Zetex accepts no responsibility for information, errors or
> omissions in
> this e-mail nor for its use or misuse nor for any act committed or
> omitted in connection with this communication.
> If in doubt, please verify the authenticity with the sender.

the sender's company.