httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Novice
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 07:55:40 GMT

Upload?

A webserver is primarily used to *serve* data to a client (ie, a browser). The data goes from
server -> client and this is called "downloading".

Having said that, it is possible to send data from client -> server (upload) but this can
mean at least a couple of different things:

- uploading a data file via a form (needs special form and server-sided handling)
- uploading an edited version of an HMTL page to the server (ie, distributed authoring and
versioning)
- something else..

What exactly do you want to do?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Trust me, I have tryed to find some examples, but I can not find any
> example!
>
> Br Morten, Denmark

the sender's company.