httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tommy Nordgren <tommy.nordg...@comhem.se>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] CGI differences in apache 2.0 and 2.2
Date Sun, 11 Feb 2007 18:03:25 GMT

On 10 feb 2007, at 19.23, Steve Pelikan wrote:

> We have several perl cgi scripts that run fine with apache 2.0 but
> fail with 2.2. This is using 2.2 that is part of recent Fedora and
> 2.0.59 that I just built and installed on the same machine.
>
> The problem seems to be with system() calls in perl.
>
> system("ls");  returns an error with version 2.2 but runs w/o error
> with 2.0
>
> Same with File::Copy copy() function.
>
> I believe I've made the configurations (httpd.conf) for the two
> apaches the same.
>
> What am I'm missing?
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve P

	Try running system with the full path of the executable,
and for commands in the same directory as your script with ./
<scriptname>
The dot in the path name explicitly specifies a file in the current
directory.
------
What is a woman that you forsake her, and the hearth fire and the
home acre,
to go with the old grey Widow Maker.  --Kipling, harp song of the
Dane women
Tommy Nordgren
tommy.nordgren@comhem.se