httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Chirouze Olivier" <olivier.chiro...@volvo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Modules order
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 10:22:27 GMT
Hi,

I try to run Apache.exe to go to the internet but I get an error with winzip - what is the
URL please?
Ok, just kidding :-)

I'd like to know if there is a way to change the order in which modules are called by Apache
(either by conf or by source code change...)

Here's my pb: I have a module that should limit number of connections by virtualhost, but
I realized it was called once the proxy request is finished, which makes it useless.
I'm running Apache as a reverse proxy

What happens is:

1) Request arrives at virtualhost "vhost1"
2) URL is rewritten to www.intranethost.com/url (rules includes [P] flag)
3) Request is directly passed to proxy mode
4) Request takes as long as the "intranethost" needs to process it
5) Request is sent to the limit module (mod_cband)

I have been able to verify this in log files by setting log level to the maximum and adding
traces to mod_cband.

So, there is no point in limiting requests if the limit is verified once the response is ready
to be sent!!!

===> I need to move 5) between 1) and 2)...

I've tried moving LoadModule directives (mod_cband first), putting my mod_cband directives
at the begining of my virtualhost scope... nothing changes. I can't manage to have this module
called before mod_rewrite and mod_proxy.
Should this be specified in the module source code itself?

Thanks!

Olivier

Olivier CHIROUZE
I&0 Infrastructure