httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Chirouze Olivier" <>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Frame Question.
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 09:11:00 GMT
This is probably more than "slightly" off topic.
You might want to check your html syntax (, and use
something like
if (parent.navigate.document) {
  // Seems like it's necessary for IE
  parent.navigate.document.location = url;
 } else {
  // Usual way
  parent.navigate.src = url;
Your script should also be included in :
<script type="text/javascript">

Anyway... You should find much more info on a more appropriate forum...

I&0 Infrastructure
Volvo Information Technology

	From: Robert Cahn []
	Sent: 31 January 2007 19:22
	Subject: [users@httpd] Frame Question.
	Apologies if this is slightly off topic.
	I have a page which is composed of 2 frames.  The code for the
page is as follows:
	<frameset cols="25%,75%">
	        <frame name="navigate" SRC=" mainmenu.html"
marginwidth="10" marginheight="10" noresize>
	        <frame name="maintext" SRC="indexmain.php"
marginwidth="10" marginheight="10" noresize>
	In the navigation section I have a link to bringing up a login
page in maintext.  If the UID, PW check out
	I then issue the following:
ript> </body></html>";
	In Firefox this works like a charm.  In Microsoft IE the part
	parent.navigate.location=\ "lmenu.html\"
	fails.  Can anyone suggest how to fix this problem with IE or
where else to submit this question?
	/Robert Cahn
	Gipsy Trail Club
	Carmel, NY 10512