httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.4 installl
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 00:02:21 GMT

On Feb 27, 2007, at 6:37 AM, Brian McCann wrote:

> running on my system. I installed to /usr/local/apache2.
>
> when I run check the version httpd -version it is still 2.2.3

which httpd

tells you where your httpd binary is. Bet you're not running the one
in /usr/local/apache2/bin... what if you put that directory ath the
front of your PATH?

There probably is a script in /etc/init.d that starts and stops your
httpd when the server boots and shuts down. You could replace that
script by one that calls your installation, or add a script of your
own. Remember that you have to call the full path of your own
installed binary: what's on your PATH is likely the RPM install.

S.

Open Source Software Consultant

ApacheCon 2007 Europe Early Bird Rate extended through March 1!
http://www.eu.apachecon.com/