httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Lavi" <ml...@sgi.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Help: GIFs that are in same directory as PERL script are being executed
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 22:31:29 GMT
Try taking the execute permissions off all of the non-CGI files.

Eg. cd /home/sanscript/public_html/cricket/images/; chmod a-x *gif

--Mark
Mark Lavi, Enterprise Web Management Team @ SGI
mailto:mlavi@sgi.com || phone:+1-650-933-7707

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Truxton [mailto:struxton@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2007 2:28 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Help: GIFs that are in same directory as PERL
script are being executed

Hola!  :-)

Environment:
Apache 1.3 running on Suse Linux 9.0.

Background:
 - Because of my Cricket installation, I've had to put
GIFs in the same directory as some perl scripts.
 - The perl scripts are in a user directory so I had
to modify suse_public_html.conf to allow scripts to
execute.

Issue:
 - The perl scripts execute just dandy, but Apache is
interpreting the GIFs in that directory as
executables.  At least this is how I'm interpreting
the messages in error_log:
"[Fri Feb 23 05:56:28 2007] [error] (8)Exec format
error: exec of /home/sanscript
/public_html/cricket/images/rrdtool.gif failed
[Fri Feb 23 05:56:28 2007] [error] [client
10.19.83.200] Premature end of script headers:
/home/sanscript/public_html/cricket/images/rrdtool.gif"

Has anyone seen this before & know how to correct?

Thanks!

Stephen Truxton

http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail