httpd-users mailing list archives

From tyju tiui <jckdnk...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Query-String Access from SetEnvIf
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 21:48:34 GMT
Thanks for the help, but you didn't read all the way through the original message.
Someone suggested that I try the Query_String variable so I did. I didn't get an error, but
there was nothing in the Query_String variable. I was just commenting that by simply referencing
an undefined variable seems to create it as an empty variable.

I actually don't care what the variable is called or how I reference it, I just need to evaluate
the contents of the query-string porting of a URL (query-string is the official name of the
argument string in a URL).

Again, thanks for trying.

Does anyone know how I can get ahold of the query-string (argument list) using SetEnvIf?

----- Original Message ----
From: Krist van Besien <krist.vanbesien@gmail.com>
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Monday, February 5, 2007 5:26:21 AM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Query-String Access from SetEnvIf

On 2/3/07, tyju tiui <jckdnk111@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Sorry, you're missing the point I think.

I don't think I missed your point. You want to trigger custom logging
based on the content of the Query string.

The following will do exactly that:

# Set an environment variable when the query string matches a certain string.
# Modify the string you match against according to your requirements.
# In this example any non empty query string matches.
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !^$
RewriteRule  (.*)   $1 [E=dolog:yes]
# Use the env variable set above to trigger logging to a separate file.
CustomLog logs/querylog  combined env=dolog

Since in your original exampel you tried to set an environment
variable based on the presence of a query string I asumed that you
planned to use this environment variable to trigger custom logging,
and hence I thought that you allready figured out that part of the
solution.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com