httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Brian McCann" <Brian.McC...@viziant.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] How to uninstall compiled apache 2.2.4
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 19:59:50 GMT

<mailto:brian.mccann@viziant.com>
yes, I want to remove the 2.2.4 install and keep the 2.2.3 rpm install
during the install I set prefix =/usr/local/apache2
The reason I want to remove the compiled install vs the rpm is I can't figure out how to make
the 2.2.4 server the main apache server. If you have any insight into this I would appeciate
it

Thanks,
Brian

________________________________

From: jslive@gmail.com on behalf of Joshua Slive
Sent: Tue 2/27/2007 2:25 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] How to uninstall compiled apache 2.2.4

On 2/27/07, Brian McCann <Brian.McCann@viziant.net> wrote:

> I downloaded compiled and installed apache 2.2.4 on my Fedora 6 system which
> was
> already running apache httpd-2.2.3-1.i386.rpm
>
> How do I uninstall a compiled install?

You mean you want to remove the 2.2.4 that you just installed?

If you used all the default options on the install, then the following
should be all that is necessary to remove it:
rm -rf /usr/local/apache2

If you change the --prefix, --layout, or other path-related options,
you'll need to clean-up accordingly.  There is no automated process.