httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Sam Carleton" <scarle...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] setting up virtual hosting
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 02:44:36 GMT
I am pulling my hair out trying to get the virtual hosting working on
my internal web server.  I need to get a test site online and I would
like to have it setup as a name based virtual host.  I am running
Apache v2.2.3 with default layout of SUSE, which consists of the main
conf file including a bunch of other files.

The virtual host is working just fine, it is the default that isn't
work!  I have added ServerName which was not there originially to
this:

ServerName internal.miltonstreet.com

And then I have this for the virtual host:

<VirtualHost _default_:80>

    ServerName      webdev.miltonstreet.com
    DocumentRoot    "/http/www/webdev.miltonstreet.com"

    ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/webdev.miltonstreet.com-error_log
    CustomLog /var/log/apache2/webdev.miltonstreet.com-access_log combined

    <Directory "/http/www/webdev.miltonstreet.com">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

</VirtualHost>

I do *NOT* have a NameVirtualHost directive.

I do have this setup, where the default is *NOT* working either:

<VirtualHost *:443>
    DocumentRoot "/srv/www/htdocs"
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost secure.miltonstreet.com:443>

    ServerName secure.miltonstreet.com

<\VirtualHost>

What am I missing?

Sam