httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Feris Thia" <feris.apache.ht...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] URLRewrite Question
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 14:45:45 GMT
On 2/2/07, Krist van Besien <krist.vanbesien@gmail.com> wrote:

> RewriteRule processing doesn't stop when a rule matches, unless you
> tell it to. So you first rewrite *.html to *.php and then tell your
> server to forbid access to *.php, and you get exactly that.
>
> First a question: Why do you want to do this? This will cause all
> kinds of trouble, like when a piece of php generates self referencing
> urls, that will naturlally end in .php. Forms for example work like
> this.

Hi Krist,

It is requested by my client as he doesn't want client to guess the
scripting engine that being used. And how do I forbid the php extension
access while stil can map html to php extension ?

What you can do however is:
> - Play with the order of the rules.
> - Add the [L] flag to stop processing.

Hm... can you please give me an example ? I'm quite frustrated with this :)

Many Thanks...

Regards,

Feris