httpd-users mailing list archives

From AFrieze <AFri...@simmgene.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache mod_jk ssh port_forwarding
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2007 23:47:20 GMT
Hi everyone
  I am using Apache to serve static content and to act as a Load
Balancer to some Tomcat Nodes.  I am interested in encrypting the data
flowing between apache and tomcat. Apache is using mod_jk to connect
tomcat on some port, say, 8009.  I would like to use SSH port forwarding
to encrypt this data.  I ran netstat in an attempt to find what port
apache/mod_jk uses to connect to tomcat.  It appears there is quite a
range.  Is there any way to deal with this?  Anyone else come up with a
solution to this?

Thanks
AFrieze