httpd-users mailing list archives

From Peter Hinse <l...@d0pefish.de>
Subject [users@httpd] Best practice for mod_proxy_ajp/balancer in apache-2.2.4?
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 10:44:10 GMT
Hi all,

since this is the first time I have to admin a JBoss Cluster behind an
apache proxy, I have several questions regarding configuration for the
following scenario:

A JBoss 4.0.5 Cluster with 2-n instances as Application Server, Apache
2.2.4 with mod_proxy_ajp and mod_proxy_balancer handling the connections
from and to the internet.

- which MPM do I use (prefork or worker?) and which settings do I have
to adjust?

- which parameters to mod_proxy like max, smax, ttl and retry as in
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html have to be set (for
which MPM)?

- other hints regarding performance with mod_proxy_*?

Thanks for help,

	Peter