httpd-users mailing list archives

From Steve Pelikan <peli...@math.uc.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] CGI differences in apache 2.0 and 2.2
Date Sun, 11 Feb 2007 17:52:08 GMT
 > Just having suexec loaded shouldn't make any difference because(AFAIK)
 > it isn't actually used unless you explicitly request its use.

Good point.
Okay, in a perl cgi script run by version 2.2 the command system("ls")
returns an error code (256, as I recall which corresponds to actual
exitcode 1) which I can print after the system("ls") call.

Using apache 2.0 the perl statement system("ls") returns 0 as it should.

Using a nonsense command system("foo"); produces an error code of -1
with both 2.0 and 2.2

An additional bit of info that suggests there's a path/permissions
problem is that perl cgi scripts run with the apache 2.2 report an error
with a require("/home/pelikan/test.txt"); (can't find file) but can
do require("/var/www/cgi-bin/test.txt");  As if whoever's running the
script can see cgi-bin but not /home/pelikan (though the /home/pelikan
is set to let anyone read and execute)

The file test.txt exists in both places.

Apache runs as user 'apache' and there's no login allowed for that user
so I don't know how to run a program or view the path for user apache.
I'll read up on how to do cron and see if I turn that into a test.

THanks!

Steve P