httpd-users mailing list archives

From Steve Pelikan <peli...@math.uc.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] CGI differences in apache 2.0 and 2.2
Date Sun, 11 Feb 2007 16:45:10 GMT

Thanks. It is finding and executing the scripts. (Can put in a print
statement before the system() command and see the results on a web
browser calling the script.

Both the 2.0 and 2.2 apaches are using mod_cgi. In 2.0 it is built in
and in 2.2 there's a LoadModule statement for it in httpd.conf.

But: mod_suexec is loaded in 2.2 and not loaded or built in in 2.0.

This is a difference I hadn't thought about or even known about. I don't
really know about suexec or how it should be configured, but it looks
like it could be close to my problems. Thanks for the pointer.

Steve P