httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ben Roberts <>
Subject [users@httpd] Configuring htpasswd only for specific ServerAlias
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 14:48:26 GMT

Does anybody know if it's possible to apply htpasswd authentication to a
particular directory ONLY if a specific ServerAlias is requested.

e.g. I have a single virtual host container, with 2 server aliases:

	<Directory /home/user/www>
	        AuthType Basic
	        AuthName "My Server"
	        AuthUserFile /home/user/.htpasswds
	        Require user myuser

Basically I just want the htpasswd authentication to apply if the server
name requested is and not

I know this can be done by creating a new virtual host container for instead of using a serveralias, but I'd rather not do
that if possible.

See <URL:> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
   "   from the digest: