httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Liz Kim" <lizkim...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Satisfy any?!
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 18:07:23 GMT
How does "Satisfy any" effect the lower directories?

I have a directory /A and /A/B and /A/B/C.
/A allows certain IPs
/A/B asks for password
/A/B/C asks for password

I want to add the option "Satisfy any" on /A by prompting the client for a
password when hes not on the allowed IP.
When I do so, the password protection on B gets disabled...
So then I add "Satisfy all" on B on top of the "Satisfy any" on A then it
works OK even the protection on C is working Ok
although I have not added the "Satisfy all" on C...

All three sets of passwords are different.

Any input would be greatly appreciated...
Thank you!