httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ed Poe <thin...@malted.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Odd problem with mod_authn_dbd and mysql
Date Sat, 03 Feb 2007 16:36:24 GMT
On 3 Feb 2007, at 7:47 AM, Nick Kew wrote:

> On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 03:06:02 -0500
> Ed Poe <thinman@malted.net> wrote:
>
>> And the following global config:
>> DBDriver mysql
>> DBDParams "host=localhost user=<redacted> pass=<redacted>
>> dbname=<redacted>"
>> DBDPrepareSQL "SELECT encrypt(password) FROM <redacted> WHERE
>> login_id = %s" passquery
>> DBDPersist off
>>

>> And the vhost looks like this:
>> <VirtualHost *:80>
>>          ServerName blog.<redacted>.com
>>          <Directory "/home/httpd/blog/wordpress">
>>                  AuthType Basic
>>                  AuthName "Redacted Technology"
>>                  AuthBasicProvider dbd
>>                  AuthDBDUserPWQuery passquery
>
> That'll fail because "passquery" here is a literal.
> The label you defined above works at a different level,
> and is irrelevant here.

OK, but it also fails when it's not a literal like this:
<VirtualHost *:80>
	ServerName blog.<redacted>.com
         <Directory "/home/httpd/blog/wordpress">
                 AuthType Basic
                 AuthName "Redacted Technology"
                 AuthBasicProvider dbd
                 AuthDBDUserPWQuery "SELECT encrypt(password) FROM
people WHERE login_id = %s"

In that case, all I see in the DB log is a 'Connect' followed by a
'Quit', and the error_log for the vhost just says "No DBD Authn
configured!".  Why won't the query execute?

                                    - e

                      "All ages will be allowed to rock."