httpd-users mailing list archives

From a...@schnarff.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] DirectoryIndex Not Working w/PHP on 2.0.58
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 21:04:57 GMT
> Interesting, Usually the things you define in the Vhost sections can
> indeed be overridden in other places. Espcially "server wide" Aliases
> that live in some other conf file.
> Is it just one particular subdirectory that you have this issue with?

Nope, it's for any directory whose sole index is an "index.php".

> It could well be a particular module, does a bug search for this version
> of apache/php come up with anything.

Not sure...where should I check?

> I suppose you are stuck with this
> and cant update?

Not easily. I'm just starting to take over this box, and so I'm not
100% certain of everything I even have to check when doing an update.
I'm working on it, though, trust me. :-P

> (I have had weird problems with mod_dav on many
> occasions, but its only a wild guess) my advice would be temporarily
> comment out modules not absolutely needed, and comment them in
> gracefully restarting each time until the issue returns.

...which was my plan for dealing with other issues on the box.

> Sorry to be stumpled!

Not your fault, I appreciate you trying. I just hope someone else on
the list has a clue about what's going on here.

> On one more unrelated point do you really want this:
>
>       <Limit PUT POST DELETE PROPFIND PROPPATCH MKCOL COPY MOVE LOCK
> UNLOCK>
>         Require user peabody, gus
>       </Limit>
>
> which essentially says dont require valid user for GET and the others
> not listed, I only mention it in case because it would be more easily
> said like this:
> | <LimitExcept GET>
> |  Require user peabody, gus
> | </LimitExcept>
>
> to which you could add a smaller list of _allowed_ methods so I just
> wondered if it was what was intended.
>
> |If you want to require a valid user whatever the method then dont
> bother with the limit statement.

I'll have to talk to the people actually using WebDAV, but that sounds
like a good idea. :-)

Alex