httpd-users mailing list archives

From a...@schnarff.com
Subject [users@httpd] DirectoryIndex Not Working w/PHP on 2.0.58
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 17:36:14 GMT
I've got a FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE box that I've just fallen into
administering, with an existing Apache 2.0.58 install. One of my first
tasks has been to get PHP4 installed, so that the site can support a
blog and some other features.

The PHP installation went smoothly, as I did it via FreeBSD's ports
tree. Phpinfo() shows a healthy install, and the blog functions
great...except for the fact that it relies on index.php being served up
for a given directory, which is not working.

Having run into this problem before, I went off and added "index.php"
to the global DirectoryIndex, which now looks like:

DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var index.php

When this didn't work (I'm still getting a directory listing instead of
the output of index.php when I hit
http://www.myserver.com/subdirectory/), I figured it might have
something to do with the fact that the domain in question was being
served out of a VirtualHost directive. So I went in and tweaked the
DirectoryIndex value for the virtual host, so that it is now:

     DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var index.asp index.php

(The index.asp piece is because this site was earlier migrated from an
IIS box; those files are actually just pure HTML in this case.)

Note that I've also got:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

in my global config, and PHP pages will parse properly when called directly.

Even with all this done, I'm still getting directory listings instead
of the output of index.php. At this point, I'm baffled. The only thing
I can think of is that there's lots of modules loaded, and perhaps one
of them is conflicting with another somehow.

In any case, here are those modules, as well as the relevant
VirtualHost config:

LoadModule access_module libexec/apache2/mod_access.so
LoadModule auth_module libexec/apache2/mod_auth.so
LoadModule auth_anon_module libexec/apache2/mod_auth_anon.so
LoadModule auth_dbm_module libexec/apache2/mod_auth_dbm.so
#LoadModule auth_digest_module libexec/apache2/mod_auth_digest.so
#LoadModule file_cache_module libexec/apache2/mod_file_cache.so
LoadModule charset_lite_module libexec/apache2/mod_charset_lite.so
#LoadModule cache_module libexec/apache2/mod_cache.so
#LoadModule disk_cache_module libexec/apache2/mod_disk_cache.so
LoadModule include_module libexec/apache2/mod_include.so
LoadModule deflate_module libexec/apache2/mod_deflate.so
LoadModule log_config_module libexec/apache2/mod_log_config.so
LoadModule logio_module libexec/apache2/mod_logio.so
LoadModule env_module libexec/apache2/mod_env.so
LoadModule mime_magic_module libexec/apache2/mod_mime_magic.so
LoadModule cern_meta_module libexec/apache2/mod_cern_meta.so
LoadModule expires_module libexec/apache2/mod_expires.so
LoadModule headers_module libexec/apache2/mod_headers.so
LoadModule usertrack_module libexec/apache2/mod_usertrack.so
LoadModule unique_id_module libexec/apache2/mod_unique_id.so
LoadModule setenvif_module libexec/apache2/mod_setenvif.so
LoadModule proxy_module libexec/apache2/mod_proxy.so
LoadModule proxy_http_module libexec/apache2/mod_proxy_http.so
<IfDefine SSL>
LoadModule ssl_module libexec/apache2/mod_ssl.so
</IfDefine>
LoadModule autoindex_module libexec/apache2/mod_autoindex.so
LoadModule mime_module libexec/apache2/mod_mime.so
LoadModule dav_module libexec/apache2/mod_dav.so
LoadModule status_module libexec/apache2/mod_status.so
LoadModule asis_module libexec/apache2/mod_asis.so
LoadModule info_module libexec/apache2/mod_info.so
LoadModule cgi_module libexec/apache2/mod_cgi.so
LoadModule dav_fs_module libexec/apache2/mod_dav_fs.so
LoadModule vhost_alias_module libexec/apache2/mod_vhost_alias.so
LoadModule negotiation_module libexec/apache2/mod_negotiation.so
LoadModule imap_module libexec/apache2/mod_imap.so
LoadModule actions_module libexec/apache2/mod_actions.so
LoadModule speling_module libexec/apache2/mod_speling.so
LoadModule userdir_module libexec/apache2/mod_userdir.so
LoadModule alias_module libexec/apache2/mod_alias.so
LoadModule rewrite_module libexec/apache2/mod_rewrite.so
#LoadModule php4_module libexec/apache2/libphp4.so
#LoadModule php5_module        libexec/apache2/libphp5.so
LoadModule php4_module        libexec/apache2/libphp4.so
LoadModule dir_module libexec/apache2/mod_dir.so

<VirtualHost *:80>
     ServerAdmin peabody@wayback.com
     DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/data
     ServerName webdav.marssociety.org
     DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var index.asp index.php
     ErrorLog /var/log/webdav-error_log
     CustomLog /var/log/webdav-access_log combined
     <Location /mdrs>
      AuthName "MDRS WebDav"
      AuthType Basic
      AuthUserFile /usr/local/etc/apache2/users
       DAV On
       AllowOverride None
       Options None
       <Limit PUT POST DELETE PROPFIND PROPPATCH MKCOL COPY MOVE LOCK UNLOCK>
         Require user peabody, gus
       </Limit>
    </Location>

# To take acre of attenpts at relay spamming? The domain
# always seems to be fem.to. Or I could use SQUID in the pattern as well
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{HTTP:VIA} fem\.to [NC]
    RewriteRule ^.*$ - [F]
</VirtualHost>

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Alex Kirk