httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ryan McConigley <r...@csse.uwa.edu.au>
Subject [users@httpd] Rewrite rules under 2.2.4
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 06:12:26 GMT

	Hi everyone, I've got a little problem here which I'm curious if someone can tell me if its
normal or not.

	I recently upgraded our servers here from 2.0.49 to 2.2.4.  We have a couple of rewrite rules
which use to work fine:

        RewriteEngine on
        Rewriterule     ^/faq/(.*)      http://web.csse.uwa.edu.au/school_and_systems_information/faq
 [L,R=permanent]

	That stopped working under 2.2.4, but I've discovered if I create an empty directory called
"faq" in the relevent location, then it works ok.  Without the directory I get a "File does
not exist: /path/faq" in the error log.

	So it seems to me some part of Apache is checking to see if the path exists before applying
the rule, which means I'd have to have a bundle of empty directories to get my re-write working,
which sort of defeats the purpose.

	Anyone have any suggestions?  I've been trying my voodoo skills with rewrites, but I think
its more mumbo-jumbo than voodoo.

	Cheers,
		Ryan.

--
          Ryan McConigley - Systems Administrator                  _.-,
     Computer Science   University of Western Australia        .--'  '-._