httpd-users mailing list archives

From Vidya Sreedharan <vidzm...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache + Tomcat + SSL
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 15:22:14 GMT
Hi,

I am currently using Apache 2.2.4 (with ssl) and Tomcat 5.5 connected with mod_jk running
on windows XP Pro. My web application is spring based and i want to enable ssl for few selected
pages in my application. Previously when i was running Tomcat standalone i was using acegi
security's channel security filter to switch between HTTP and HTTPS since my application is
spring based. Now i would like Apache to handle the SSL part and forward the request over
http to tomcat. Both apache and Tomcat run on the same machine. So i dont want Tomcat to use
ssl. Is it possible to terminate ssl on apache server and then forward plain http to tomcat
? I tried setting JKEtractSSL to Off. By doing this i thought Apache will no longer forward
ssl information to Tomcat. But it doesnt work properly. How can i make this work?

  Thanks in advance
Vidya

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.