httpd-users mailing list archives

From Evan Platt <e...@espphotography.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] remove the http server info banner
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 02:47:39 GMT
At 06:41 PM 2/8/2007, Fauziah Mahdan wrote:

>Hi all,
>I have check from http viewer that my server info was open.
>HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>Date: date today
>Server: Apache/1.3.12 (unix) ApacheJserv/1.1 mod_ssl/2.6.4
>OpenSSL/0.9.5a
>Last Modified:date
>Etag:code will display
>Accept-Ranges:bytes
>Content-Length:300
>Connection:close
>How to remove the Server info?

In httpd.conf:

# ServerTokens
# This directive configures what you return as the Server HTTP response
# Header. The default is 'Full' which sends information about the OS-Type
# and compiled in modules.
# Set to one of:  Full | OS | Minor | Minimal | Major | Prod
# where Full conveys the most information, and Prod the least.
#
ServerTokens Prod