httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bashiro"<bash...@myway.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] FAVICO.ICO
Date Sun, 04 Feb 2007 20:21:37 GMT

Thanks for the info.
I think your explaination has
let me learned something about apache.
The problem was my dynamic ip.
It has been solved now.
Thanks a lot.

Bashiro

 --- On Sun 02/04, Sander Temme < sctemme@apache.org > wrote:
From: Sander Temme [mailto: sctemme@apache.org]
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 07:55:15 -0800
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] FAVICO.ICO

hosts setup. I tested and was working fine.<br>> Suddenly I started getting this
error page cannot be displayed.<br>> I checke the error log and found cannot find
"favico.ico".<br>> why do I need this file.<br>> Any suggestion on how to
solve this ?<br><br>The favicon or Favorites Icon is the little icon that shows
up to the  <br>left of the URL in the location bar of the browser.  I believe  <br>Internet
Explorer started this, but all modern browsers now try to  <br>retrieve this file along
with the page.  If it doesn't exist, you'll  <br>get a generic browser-defined icon
is a favicon.ico in your Apache installation, under manual/ <br>images . Copy that to
the DocumentRoot of your virtual host. It has a  <br>little Apache feather logo, if
you want to serve a favicon that  <br>corresponds to your site content, design
does not cause errors displaying the page. If  <br>that were the case, half the websites
on the planet wouldn't work.   <br>Find out what exactly the error is: turn off 'Friendly
 (3.26KB)<br>

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.