httpd-users mailing list archives

From Frank Arensmeier <frank.arensme...@nikehydraulics.se>
Subject [users@httpd] Help with mod_rewrite
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 13:35:30 GMT
Hello.
I apologize if this has been asked before. Based on the requested
url, I am trying to map those urls to my file system. I have come up
with the following Rewrite rule (in my htaccess file)so far:

RewriteRule ^(se|en|us)/(.+) /$2 [E=LANG_CODE:$1]

As you can see, my site is been translated into english, american
english and swedish. Based on the env variable ['REDIRECT_LANG_CODE],
I include either English, Swedish or whatever language it might be in
the html output. A request for e.g.:

http://myserver.com/en/about/history.php will be remapped to the file
"histrory.php" in the folder "about". This is actually working as I
thought I would be. The problem is when a user requests a URL like:

http://myserver.com/en/about

Apparently, Apache does an internal redirect because it is looking
for the index.php file (which exists) in the folder "about". The
thing I do not understand is why the user is being redirected to
http://myserver.com/about??? When doing so, the environmental
variable LANG_CODE is lost. Why? How can I map those requests to my
index file without redirecting the user?

Am I making sense?

//frank