httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Olaf Lautenschlaeger" <apache-users-de...@anova.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] custom log files and directories?
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 11:19:57 GMT
On Thursday, February 22, 2007 2:13 AM [GMT+1=CET],
William Kronert <wkronert2@cox.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to direct the access logs from one directory to a custom log
> file.  Is this possible?  Example would be:
>
> www.example.com/dirA
> www.example.com/dirB
>
> I wish to have all the files that are accessed for
> www.example.com/dirB put into a special access log file named:
> dirB-access_log and all the other access logs for all the other
> directories (minus dirB) put into the standard access_log (common)
> file.
>
> Is there away to do this?  I think it is possible using the custom
> log directive but I haven’t been able to get it to work.

You could try to place CustomLog directives within <Directory> con-
tainers, but I'm not sure if that will do (report here, if you've checked
it out).

Another method is proposed (similarly) in the Apache docs
(see /manual/mod/mod_log_config.html#customlog).

Tag your requests and write to different log files like so:

SetEnvIf Request_URI ^/dirA.* dirA_req
SetEnvIf Request_URI ^/dirB.* dirB_req
SetEnvIf Request_URI ^/(?!dir[AB]).* other_req
CustomLog dirA-access.log common env=dirA_req
CustomLog dirB-access.log common env=dirB_req
CustomLog access.log env=other_req

HTH

Olaf Lautenschlaeger
ANOVA Multimedia Studios GmbH