httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Morten Trydal" <morten.try...@losmail.no>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] apache with mod_aspdotnet - vhosts
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2007 00:41:20 GMT
Thanks to William and Joshua it's working now.

Being a apache novice isn't easy :-)
The solution makes sense to me when they're put inside the virtualhost tags,
but it didn't when I was thinking about putting them into the httpd.conf
file. Having / refer to two different folders just didn't make sense to me.
Guess it's all about the context, wasn't obvious after all, my bad.

Thanks again,
Morten

Morten Trydal wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have a problem getting virtual hosts working properly.
>
> My vhosts file looks like this, which I think should be correct,
> although I'm a programmer and not a server guy. Domain names are as
> you probably can see renamed for this post.
>
> NameVirtualHost *:80
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
> DocumentRoot "c:/website"
> ServerName www.site1.com:80
> ServerAlias site1.com www.site1.com
> ErrorLog logs/site1-error_log
> CustomLog logs/site1-access_log common </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
> DocumentRoot "c:/wapsite"
> ServerName wap.site1.com:80
> ServerAlias wap.site1.com
> ErrorLog logs/site1_wap-error_log
> CustomLog logs/site1_wap-access_log common </VirtualHost>
>
> Now onto what I think is my problem. What on earth to I write for
> AspNetMount / "c:/website" and AspNetMount / "c:/wapsite" ?

Drop each correct aspnetmount into it's corresponding VirtualHost and we
would expect all to be well.  Right?  Normally you would have a
corresponding alias, but in this case, your DocumentRoot should solve that
issue.

> Obviously I can't set / for both of them, but I want to be able to
> type www.site1.com as well as wap.site1.com into the browser and have
> the addresses stay there.

Obviously?

> Any tips for me? Thanks.